"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Friday, January 6, 2012

Positive Progress, Guarded Optimism

I just got home from the hospital a bit ago.  Paul has steadily improved throughout the day-- Praise God!

When the surgeon came, he told Paul that if all goes well tonight with increasing his diet, managing his pain, and getting him on oral antibiotics instead of IV antibiotics, he might be able to come home tomorrow! This is great news!  One other doctor that came by commented that Paul was doing much better than most people do at this point with C. diff.  I don't even have to wonder-- I know that it is because of all the prayer of our friends and family.  It is humbling to be upheld in such an overwhelming way.  I told the doctor that I believed it was not just the antibiotic, but also because we have literally hundreds of people praying for him.  The shoulders shrugged, the eyebrows went up, but then he admitted, "Well, maybe that helps too."

So now we are guardedly optimistic that tomorrow I will be able to bust him out of there and bring him back home to finish recuperating.  Please continue praying for him.  For the first time in about 9 days, I saw the smile that I love so well.  I know he will have more recovery after we get home, and it will take him awhile to regain his strength, but I have to cautiously admit-- that smile looked suspiciously like a tiny glimmer of light at the end of the hospital tunnel.

1 comment:

Janet said...

That's WONDERFUL Heidi!! Praise God!