"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10

It is a sunny, cold, blue-sky, Colorado-like day here-- not typical January for this part of the country, but a boon to my tired mind and body nonetheless!

Can it really be January 10?

Paul is at home recovering now, dealing with the reality that it is going to take time and patience before he feels much better.  He is quite weak.  He is still trying to manage his pain, and his appetite is slowly returning.  We are also learning patience as we wait for his digestive system to return to a normal pattern of functioning.  That would be a main prayer request, along with physical strength and alleviation of pain.

His parents left this morning.  What a grace they were to us.  I won't ever be able to thank them enough for the way they cared for our home and children while I was at the hospital almost non-stop for 9 days.  I don't think I could have weathered all of this without their help.  Paul's dad did several house projects while he was here, and Paul's mom showered the kids with love, affection, and attention.  They played more than a few rounds of Play Nine, Quiddler, and Qwirkle with our little game-lovers, and they did a great job distracting the kids from being worried about daddy.  I pray God's abundant blessing on them as they travel home.  What a gift they are.  I am truly overwhelmed at their love and care.

Please continue to pray for Paul's complete healing.  It will take time to regain strength, and I think it can be discouraging to wait for that to happen.  It is my prayer that the promises of God will buoy His mind and heart through this time of physical weakness.  If there is a promise of God that is especially precious to you that you think would encourage Paul at this time, would you leave it as a comment here?

Many thanks for the continued prayers of our friends and family.

On we plod...

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us." Love You!

Chad Beninati said...

"We are also learning patience..." This made me smile inside, as I remember one time that you told our sixth grade class that Paul had asked for patience and he wanted it right now. It was a joke, I'm sure, but it stuck with me nonetheless.

I'm praying for you, Paul, and the family.

Anonymous said...

Deuteronomy 31:6
New King James Version (NKJV)

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

May God's grace abound to you both!
Kristi March