"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Morning

No real change this morning.  Paul had a pretty rough night.  He's still not feeling well, is physically exhausted, and desperately misses the kids (we haven't brought them over because of the C. diff.).

For all those that the Lord brings to this blog post (and especially the men), will you please pray that God would uphold Paul and lift his spirits?  He knows that God is the ultimate provider for our family, but he feels the heavy burden of his role and responsibility as the daddy, husband, and earthly provider.  The longer he is here, the more stress he is feeling about getting home and getting back to his practice.  His surgery was a week ago today.

I would humbly ask that you pray for me as well.  I think I am getting a little cold, so I have now added a stylish blue mask to the ensemble of yellow gown and gray gloves that I have to wear in the room.  I am praying that I will not give the cold to Paul.

The Lord gave me the following verses this morning.  It would be a great comfort to have our friends and family pray these over Paul today:

Ps. 3:3-5-- "But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head.  I cried aloud to the Lord, and He answered me from His holy hill.  I lay down and slept; I woke again for the Lord sustained me."  


Ps. 4:8-- "In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."



2 comments:

Janet said...

Heidi, I am so sorry this is dragging on for Paul and all of you. Please be assured of our prayers for all of you! Love you all!

uncle John said...

Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge.
~ Psalm 62:5-8 NLT