"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Twenty-Five Days of Praise- Days Six through Sixteen

When I set out to post about twenty-five days of praise, I had no idea that I was going to be overtaken by a bad respiratory infection.  Consequently, I have been doing the bare minimum the last several days, and blogging has taken a back seat.  By God's grace, I am feeling much better, and I am beginning to get caught up on all of the things that got set to the side during my illness.  I was praising the Lord while I was sick, but I wasn't necessarily up to writing about it!  I guess my plan was not God's plan.

Today I simply praise the Lord for His strength, his grace in my life, and His healing from this physical illness.  It's startling to realize how much I take health for granted until I am sick.  It gives me great compassion for those that live with chronic illness, and it makes me realize how blessed I am to have been so healthy for so long.  I am also thankful for the ultimate healing that will come one day-- the healing that was purchased on the cross by my dear Savior.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits...

1 comment:

Janet said...

SO glad to hear you are feeling better! Get that 'stuff' over with now before the holidays is what I say. :) Miss you sweet friend!!!