"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Friday, November 5, 2010

Twenty-Five Days of Praise- Day Five: My Husband


Today I thank the Lord for my husband-- the love of my earthly life, my dearest friend, and the person I'd rather spend time with than anyone in the world.  What a gift of grace he is to me.  Paul loves me when I am lovely, and more importantly, he loves me when I'm not so lovely.  He is the living, breathing love of Christ to me and our children day after day, and I'm very blessed to be called his wife.  I praise God for the precious gift of a husband who loves Christ, loves me, and loves our children.


Dear God, I prayed, all unafraid
(as we're inclined to do)
I do not need a handsome man
but let him be like You;
I do not need one big and strong
nor yet so very tall,
nor need he be some genius,
or wealthy, Lord, at all;
but let his head be high, dear God,
and let his eye be clear,
his shoulders straight, whate'er his state,
whate'er his earthly sphere;
and let his face have character,
a ruggedness of soul,
and let his whole life show, dear God,
a singleness of goal;
then when he comes
(as he will come)
with quiet eyes aglow,
I'll understand that he's the man
I prayed for long ago.
                       --Ruth Bell Graham

No comments: