"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Monday, November 1, 2010

Twenty Five Days of Praise- Day One

I haven't had much time to write often on this little blog of mine, but in honor of Thanksgiving, I am going to begin 25 days of praise until November 25.  The posts might be about something that I'm thankful for, but they also might be a psalm, a poem, or a picture.  They will all have one theme though-- God's great goodness to His children.


Today I begin by praising God for Jesus Christ and the salvation found in Him alone.  On my own I am not deserving of anything but great punishment, and I have nothing worthy to bring to Him.  I am full of sin and selfishness.  It is because of His great love that He has called me and saved me.  He picked me up out of the miry clay, set my feet upon a rock, and gave me a new song to sing.  When I consider how sinful and unworthy I am on my own, what Christ has done for me by dying on the cross to take my punishment, and what I am in Christ- adopted, made whole, washed clean, and called a child of God- my heart wells up with thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, this is such a great exercise in gratefulness! Amen to your post. I also love your page, it is so fallish and lovely. I look forward to each post. I often think of you and am so thankful for the investment you made in our boys' lives at CCS. Blessings on you and your family.
Karen Bruce