"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Adjusting to God's Plan for My Days

It is two days after Thanksgiving Day, and I finally have a minute to sit down at my little blog for the first time in several days.  The boys are watching football, my daughter has her play dishes spread out on a table in the living room, and we just got home from our first cider mill trip of the year-- on Nov. 27, mind you.  I had planned to post something every day of November on my "Twenty-Five Days of Praise", but I have had to do some serious adjusting to God's plan for my November.  My plan didn't match up with His, but His plan is perfect nonetheless.  God sent several events, responsibilities, and people my way that I had not anticipated, and so my plans for writing every day had to take a back seat.  I felt very sad that I couldn't keep up with it, but there were people and things that needed my attention more, and those things were God's plan for me.  I would go to bed every night thinking about how there had never been time to write something that day, and I would just have to say, "OK, Lord, You know what my day held and You ordained all of that for today."

Someday I will have time to write all I want, but for now, I'm just going to have to be content with an "every-so-often" kind of blog.  My blog writing may be every-so-often, but my God is a constant companion and faithful refuge.  I'm so glad it isn't the other way around.

I continue to rejoice in the Lord's provision and His goodness to us.  I am so thankful for my precious husband and my four beautiful children who love me and need me day after day.  I praise God for the many family and friends that He has blessed me with-- friends and family that challenge me, encourage me, and love me despite my faults. We were blessed to spend Thanksgiving Day with three other families that, like us,  do not live near their families, and it was a precious time of fellowship for this little "far-from-home" bunch.

So my "Twenty-Five Days of Praise" turned into just a few posts, but I learned a lot about the difference between my plan and God's plan.  I can't fight against it when the days don't look like I expect them to look, but I can rest in the fact that God has perfectly ordained each interruption for His glory and my good.  Actually, they are not interruptions at all, just differences between God's "To-do List" for my day and mine.  Wrangling against it will do me no good, but accepting that God is writing the story of my life makes each day an adventure.

I'm so glad He is writing my story.  He will do a much better job than I ever would.  Let the next chapter begin...

No comments: