"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Silly Saturday: Brown-and-Serve Rolls

This last week, our local grocery store had brown-and-serve rolls for buy one, get one free, so I bought several packages.  These rolls come 12 to a package, so with a family of six, that means 2 rolls per person at dinner.

Apparently, though, that wasn't enough one night, and the kids begged me to make some more.  I guess there's just something wonderful about a warm dinner roll on a cold night.

They were so earnest, that I finally decided to make another package.  The kids were literally standing in front of the oven counting down with the timer.  When the timer went off, Isaac, my 7-year-old, started jumping around the kitchen yelling,  "They're done.  They're done.  Let the roll-eating commence!!"

Commence. (Where do little guys get big words like that?)


No comments: