"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Monday, November 19, 2012

Parent-Teacher Conferences

In the last few days, I've talked to several friends whose kids had a couple of days off last week due to parent-teacher conferences.  Oh, how I remember those days from when I was teaching in a traditional classroom.  They are fun for the kids, but not so much fun for the parents and teachers.

Now, when you homeschool and you're the parent and the teacher, there's really no need for a conference, right?  I mean-- I already know everything the teacher would want to say to me as a parent.  (I also know exactly what the teacher is thinking at any given moment-- which I guess could either be really helpful or really not.)

I do like the idea of the days off though.  Maybe I should schedule some parent-teacher conferences.  I can hear it now--

"Hey kids, I'll be in the family room talking to myself!"

While I'm at it, I wouldn't mind scheduling a conference with the principal when he gets home from work.  I think he's awfully nice.

And smart.

And hardworking.

And handsome.

"Hey kids, I'll be in the family room kissing the principal!"

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hahaha! I schedule conferences with our principal all the time too! :) I have been known to schedule a couple "in service" days where I don't have to talk to myself...just regroup and get my act together again.

Heidi said...

Kathy, inservice days are a great idea! I think I need a few of those too. This time of year, I need a lot of regrouping! Then you and I could meet for coffee and call it a teacher convention! :)