"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Talking to Myself

This is the conversation that I had with myself yesterday as I was once again working my way through the laundry pile:

"Swim trunks????? What in the world are swim trunks doing in the laundry on October 17th?  The pool closed seven weeks ago!"

"I can't be that far behind on laundry, can I?"

"Hmmmm.... Oh, wait.  That's right.  Now I remember..."

"Last Sunday, the boys spent the afternoon building Lego boats and testing them in the tub.  They must have needed to get in with the boats.  After all, that's what any good scientist would do, right?"

"Whew!!!"

"I'm not as far behind as I thought.  I think I'll celebrate with coffee..."

                "...No, may be dark chocolate..."

                                   "No, there's none in the house."

"Maybe I'll just take a nap."

No comments: