"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Silly Saturday- The Event

So much silliness happens in our house on a regular basis that it begs to be shared sometimes.  In the busyness of life, I just don't stop to laugh enough-- a definite problem, in my opinion.

Soooooo....In the hopes of laughing more and laughing often, I now bring you the first installment of "Silly Saturday"-- where I hope to recount some of this silliness from recent days.

The Event
One of my favorite things in all the world is a delightful little dessert known as a Little Debbie Swiss Cake Roll.

Behold, the hallowed box of wonderfulness...
I never thought to mention this longstanding, deep love until recently, and much to my surprise, my husband brought home a box last week.  (He's so good to me!)  It probably would have been better if I had never introduced my twinnies to this dessert, because now I have to share.

Anyway, I proceeded to tell my kids all about how I used to eat them when I was a little girl.  We would peel off the top layer of chocolate on the first one, unroll it and eat it slowly, and then we would use the little white cardboard square to cut the other one into tiny slices.  I ended my demonstration by saying, "Eating a Swiss Cake Roll is not just dessert.  It's an EVENT!"

The next day, Micah came into the kitchen as I was enjoying another Swiss Cake Roll.  With a grin on his face, he said, "Mommy, are you having an event?"

Why, yes, sweet boy.  Yes, I am!!

And now, what do you think I have been hearing over the last few days?

"Mommy, may I please have an event?"

I think we're going to need a trip to the store.  We're almost out of events.

1 comment:

Heather Smith said...

Hedi, I love swiss cake rolls too! And I remember eating them the same way . . . all 3 of us kids unrolling them, then slicing the second one around the kitchen table probably late on a Wednesday night after AWANA!
Maybe they will come up with gluten free swiss cake rolls some day! I miss those events!

Love ya!

Heather