"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Friday, January 30, 2009

Eight months!

Just a quick post today to proclaim God's goodness as we passed the eight-month mark for this deployment this last Monday.  Sometimes I have no idea how we all make it to the end of the day, but by God's grace, somehow we do.  The weariness has set in, and I am continually amazed at how the Lord provides what I need when I just don't feel like I can keep plodding forward.  A recent example-- I was struggling with frustration over homeschooling this week. After begging God for wisdom (He promised to give it generously and without reproach! James 1), the name of an older homeschooling mom from church came to mind.  I called her to see if I could make a phone date to talk with her after I got my kids into bed, and she ended up driving quite a distance to bring me a mocha and talk in person that night.  Her words were, "I will be there in an hour with coffee and the Holy Spirit."  She was a tremendous instrument of grace, and I cannot begin to adequately thank the Lord for her.  She helped me remember why I homeschool in the first place-- something I was struggling to remember in the midst of the weariness.
So the Lord keeps pulling us through, day by day.  How would we make it without Him?  I honestly don't know.  I'm very, very thankful I won't ever find out.  He said He'd never leave me or forsake me.
For now, we plod on toward the nine-month mark!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Wow - eight months! I remember someone telling me (in regard to having little kids) that the days seem long but the years sure go by fast. I'm so thankful that you are much closer to Paul's return and can actually see the light at the end of this tunnel. Praying for you and your family. We have Paul's picture on our fridge and it is a constant reminder to us of what you and him are both facing this year and we will rejoice when it comes to an end.

As for homeschooling, I remember you telling me that the kids would be getting a 'bare bones' education this year and I remember thinking that - with you - the bare bones would be 10 times better than what they would get any where else.

Take care of yourself and we are praying!

Brian Megilligan said...

Heidi-

Now THAT sounds like a GREAT friend.

I pray that the fog of weariness lifts as the sun of anticipation cuts through!