"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our Twinnies are Six!

(click to enlarge any picture!)
Micah and Sarah with their cakes!
Sarah wanted a jewelry box cake this year!
The top was a sugar cookie, and the cake was filled with all kinds of candy jewelry!
Micah wanted a "rock castle" cake with a dragon and knights!
The turrets and towers are ice cream cones, and the stones are marshmallows sprayed with black food color spray.
It doesn't seem possible, but Micah and Sarah turned six today!  We celebrated their birthdays this past Saturday with their Uncle Dan, Aunt Darcie, Uncle Tim, Aunt Jessica, and cousins Emma, Sidney, Addison, Jill, Noelle, Scott, Allison, and Kelly.  What a precious time to be with family!
In keeping with our tradition, the twins had special cakes!  They always get to choose the theme of their cake, and I had the distinct honor of creating their cakes by myself this year.  Paul and I always do it together, so I missed him terribly, but Paul helped with ideas from afar!  These cakes are just one more thing I didn't think I'd be able to accomplish this year, but by God's grace, we had a great celebration!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Micah and Sarah!! Heidi -- those cakes are extraordinary!!! When the kids are all grown -- I know a career path you could definitely take! Your own cake business. So glad you had a ton of family there to celebrate! I'm praying for you girlfriend!!!!!!!!

Kathy said...

Wow! Nice job on the cakes. You constantly amaze me with your creativity. I would have stuck a plastic castle on the cake or something.

Kyle C. Dunham said...

Great cakes, Heidi!