"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bloom where God plants you

I happened to look out my dining room window today and notice a little snapdragon that is blooming happily on a neglected corner of our back patio.  At some point, a seed must have blown into the cracks between the bricks.  There in the tight, dry spot, a plant grew and bloomed-- all without any fanfare, attention, or even water, except for the sparse rain we've had from time to time.

We've been so busy the last few weeks, I haven't even been out there to notice that something was sprouting up among the bricks.

But there it is, blooming and bringing joy to whomever happens to glance its direction.  I know it made me smile today.

And isn't it just like my Lord to once again teach me something through a little lonely snapdragon blooming in a hot, neglected spot.

It is as if God said, "My child, bloom where I plant you-- even when it is tight and dry and tough."

Oh, Lord, I'm listening.  Let me bloom.

No comments: