"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Monday, July 16, 2012

On turning 40...

I celebrated my 40th birthday a couple of weeks ago.

I was blessed with a wonderful day surrounded by my husband, children, and precious in-laws.  They showered me with love and kisses and fun presents like a watering can, flip-flops, and a bracelet that grows over time as beads and memories slide onto the silver band.

So what do I think of 40?  I think I have plenty of wiry, gray hair beginning to appear on my head.  Those creases around my mouth and eyes?  I think they're here to stay.

More than anything, though, I have now lived long enough to know that I don't really KNOW much at all.

But I know this...

"O God, from my youth
 you have taught me,
 and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.

So even to old age and gray hairs,
 O God,
 do not forsake me,
 until I proclaim your might to another generation,
 your power to all those to come."

Ps. 71: 17, 18

No comments: