"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Three Answers to Prayer

I woke up extremely anxious yesterday morning and went racing (and I mean racing) to God with my worries.  By the end of the day, He had spoken four times to me-- once by directing my flustered heart to Matthew 6, and three times with specific answers to specific prayers.

1.  He sent an unexpected financial gift to help pay some bills, and He gave us the gift of the humbling and awe that comes from being helped and loved so much.

2. We only have one vehicle, and Paul's mom is coming Thursday night to stay with the kids while Paul is in the hospital.  Some friends called and offered us the use of their truck while they are out of town, so now I can leave my van for Paul's mom to use, and she won't be stranded at home while I'm at the hospital with Paul.  (New prayer request: Parking the big truck!)

3.  I did not yet have anyone coming to sit with me during the surgery.  My dear friend and mentor, Jane, called last night and offered to come to the hospital to be with me while I sit and wait.

Bless the Lord, O my soul...

No comments: