"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Super Mom vs. Abiding Mom

Our school year officially begins tomorrow, and I guess I have to admit that I have mixed feelings.  I'm ready for the routine,  but I also find myself wishing that summer was here for a bit longer.

We had a hard summer in many ways.  The Lord especially taught me much about His expectations of me as a wife and mother versus my expectations.  By God's providence, I came across a chart called "Super Mom vs. Abiding Mom" that has been very thought-provoking for me on this journey. It came from a homeschooling blog, but it's not just for homeschoolers.  It is instructive for all moms.  I share it here in the hopes that it might encourage someone else.

So for now I plod onward toward another school year, trusting the Lord to continue to teach me what it means to abide.

No comments: