"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The World is in Bloom

I absolutely love the moment when the stark, drab gray of winter is gone and spring makes its long-awaited arrival in my yard.  Right now I have red tulips, yellow daffodils, pink and white bleeding hearts, and grape hyacinths blooming!  Our pear tree and cherry tree are filled with beautiful white blooms, and an ornamental crabapple is right on the cusp of bursting out into a bright pink, breathtaking display.  I could stand and look at these flowers all day long.  What a lovely reminder of the paintbrush of God.

I wonder if He looks at the flowers blooming and laughs with great joy in the colors that He made?  I am made in His image, and I find such pleasure in the hues and blooms, so I think He must.  I can only imagine His happiness as He holds His glorious paintbrush and says to a tulip, "Here, little one.  I'm going to paint you with orange and yellow, and the one who sees you will marvel at My design!"

Oh, how I love the spring!

No comments: