"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mental Aerobics

We have just two more days of school left for the year!  We are all anxious to spend some time doing the fun things that come our way this summer, and I'm anxious to get caught up on my house projects.

I've been doing a lot of thinking and evaluating over the last few days.  What worked this year?  What didn't work?  How can I streamline my tasks?  How can I be more organized?  What should I plan for next year?

One thing is certain.  With four students in three grades, I spend the day jumping mentally from...

...short and long vowels
...to division of decimals
...to botany
...to synonyms
...to Psalms and the attributes of God
...to prepositional phrases and dependent clauses
...to printing letters and numbers
...to the causes of the Revolutionary War
...to syllables
...to Bob Books
...to 3-digit addition
...to the Westminster Shorter Catechism
...and on and on and on!

The mental aerobics are exhausting and challenging to my feeble brain!  Now if I could just burn as many calories with the mental aerobics as I would with regular aerobics.  Wouldn't that be grand!

No comments: