"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sunshine

I absolutely LOVE sunshine.

One of the things I have always missed about Colorado is the way the sun shines all the time, even in winter.  Normally it is cold, gray, and dreary here this time of year, but we've had an unusual (and I mean unusual!) amount of sunshine this winter.  Last spring I realized that I have a definite physical issue that arises from too little sun, so I knew that I was going to have to be proactive about getting even small bits of sun when I could through the winter.  I was dreading the long gray winter, but God has given more sunshine than I could have imagined possible.  What a gift of grace to my weary heart during a really difficult time!

The last few days I've had a cold, so I stayed home from church on Sunday.  I was sitting on a stool in our sunny little alcove with my long sleeves pulled up and my face turned toward the sun when Paul and the kids got home after church.  Sarah walked in and said, "Mommy, are you sun-basking?"

Yes, sweet girl.  I was basking.  I admit it.  I do love this sunny winter.

As thankful as I have been for the sunshine, I know that the gray days will surely come too.  On those days, I need to remember to bask in another Light-- with my face turned toward the Son.

No comments: