"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Monday, April 29, 2013

Surely

It is never my intention to be gone so long.  The days get away from me, and before I know it, weeks have passed since my last post.  Can it really be almost May?

We're coming down to the end of the school year now, so I was studying the May calendar this morning.  It is a full month!  We have several end-of-the-year events, my piano students have a recital (I have to learn my recital piece too! Yikes!), and we are on a fast track to finish our academics before the sunshine and springtime lure us away from the table and out into the yard.

The Lord reminded me of a verse today when I was feeling particularly overwhelmed.

"He who calls you is faithful; He will surely do it."  (I Thess. 5:24)

Surely.  Not maybe.

When the schedule is full, the tension is high, and the to-do list is long, I can rest in the truth that the things God has called me to do (like mothering, homeschooling, leading a choir, and teaching piano) are also things that He will equip me to do.  What a blessing that He writes the list and then faithfully gives the resources to accomplish it.

Yes, May will be busy, but I'm not heading there alone.

I love the last part of that verse:

He will surely do it.

I hear it ring every time I think about that calendar.  Surely, not maybe.

Is there a "surely" in your May calendar?  If He has called you to do something, He will surely do it!

No comments: