"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Friday, September 14, 2012

More than the Sand

Ps. 139: 17, 18-- "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!  How vast is the sum of them!  If I would count them, they are more than the sand.  I awake, and I am still with You.


Psalm 139: 17, 18

I woke up heavy today,
Like the rain clouds in the dark morning sky.
A feeling of uncertainty, concern;
What is it I've forgotten?
The same way I awaken so many mornings,
Cares of the world so soon on my mind.

Can a waking be sweet? serene?
I can't shake that rain-cloud
heaviness that
floods
           in
                just
                       as
                             I
                                wake.


Lord, this is the day that You have made.
So I will awaken
                             and
                                      rejoice!
For Your thoughts to me are precious,
More than the sand on the shore.
I awake!
And I am still with You.


No comments: