"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

First Blooms

Just yesterday
Spring smiled at me
With cheery yellow face.
The winsome daffodils
    emerged,
Green arms stretched out
To mark their place.
As if God spoke,
"It's here. That sign of hope 
You've waited long to see.
A little longer now, dear one.
My child, please trust in Me."
With dark of winter
     almost past,
The waiting almost done,
That ray of hope--
A balm to me, 
My face turned toward the Son.
Just yesterday
Spring smiled at me
With cheery yellow face.
And warmth, sheer joy, delight smiled back
From a thankful heart
Upheld by Grace.

1 comment:

Heather Smith said...

My dearest Heidi,

I know how much you have anticipated the blooms of spring! God is so good to give us such beautiful milestones.

Thanks for such a beautiful poem! You are truly gifted. . . keep writing!

Rejoicing in springtime blooms with you,

Heather