"O Taste and See that the Lord is good!" - Ps. 34:8

Monday, September 15, 2008

Why chocolate syrup and cookie dough?

Why is our blog title "Chocolate Syrup and Cookie Dough"?

On the day Paul left for Iraq, I had to run to the store for a few things.  As I walked down the ice cream aisle, I realized that my husband was the one that usually bought the fun foods.  I tend to buy the sensible ones.  It struck me that life without him here was going to be a little like plain vanilla ice cream--still sweet, but not nearly so delectable!

When I got home, I told him about this revelation and then said to him, "You are my chocolate syrup."  Our son, Micah, thought that was so funny-- daddy being mommy's chocolate syrup!  From that conversation was born our blog title.  I love chocolate syrup, and Paul loves cookie dough.  We are trying with God's help to cherish the sweetness of each other even though we are so far apart!

No comments: